Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

Welcome To My Blog...Now, Where To Start?


For all practical purposes, there are an infinite number of places to explore, history to discover and science to investigate.  Yesterday though, I remembered something I'd heard years ago.  In essence, it had to do with the fact that we know so much about the universe, and yet so much of our own planet was still not fully explored. 

Well, I'm wasn't heading out on any galactic exploration anyway.  But whenever I think of places to explore, my thoughts are always going to national parks, mountains, the Everglades, South Beach.  In other words, exciting, far-away places.  Then it clicked.  While I hope to do some serious 'exploring' at all of these places, how many things are there, closer to home, that I know very little about. 

So my first post here (well...not counting this one of course) will be about Downtown Homestead, Florida.  That's Historic Downtown Homestead by the way!  I lived in Homestead for around 13-14 years...way back in the 80's and 90's.  Now I'm back again.  Although I've driven through the Downtown hundreds (thousands?) of times, and have gone to any number of events there, I never really just took my time to walk through and look at all the shops and stores.  And that's what I'm going to do today.

So welcome to my blog!!  In time I plan to cover as many different places, historical figures and events and scientific discoveries as I can.  I hope you enjoy this and please feel free to comment on anything you like.  Thanks for stopping by....

No comments:

Post a Comment